Training For all levels of shooter
NRA Certified Firearms Instruction
Oceanside Practical Pistol is pleased to have two NRA certified instructors as members. Larry Renner and Bill Heyder offer a wide range of training classes and can tailor training for the particular needs of an individual or group. Whether you're new to firearms and interested in safe firearm handling and basic marksmanship, or you're an accomplished shooter looking to improve, Bill and Larry can help. Group lessons are regularly scheduled at Iron Sights Shooting Range and private lessons may be scheduled directly with either instructor. The links below will provide you with more background as well as contact information.
Meet The Instructors
- Larry Renner has been a professional instructor for over 20 years and has taught such diverse subjects as fire science, emergency intubation, semi-automatic defibrillation, marksmanship (with handguns, shotguns, rifles and select fire weapons) More…
- My name is Bill Heyder, and I have been shooting since age 10. I joined the Marine Corps in 1968 and served under hostile fire in Vietnam, after which I was assigned duty at the NATO Base in Naples, Italy. There I became an instructor More…
Firearm Safety Rules
- 1. All guns are always loaded.
- 2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
- 3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- 4. Always be sure of your target.