Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 09:08:23 PM
News: Learn more about the matches at Iron-Sights in Oceanside - http://oceansidepistol.com

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Glockworx  (Read 8192 times)
Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:36:36 AM »

Thinking of picking up a Glockworx competition trigger kit for my G34 to lighten the trigger pull and reduce the pre-travel. Anyone have any experience with them?

The new fulcrum trigger from them looks very cool, but almost certainly isn't legal for IDPA or USPSA production. Too bad. The older GlockWORX Deluxe Complete Drop In Trigger Kit looks like it should be legal (no external modifications) and offers most of the same features (just not as tweakable as the fulcrum).

- Brian

"Get yourself a Glock and loose that nickel plated sissy pistol" - Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshals
John K
Global Moderator
Expert

The Most Interesting Man in the World

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »

I don't know how much Glockworx gets, but don't pass up looking at Vanek trigger assemblies. He has a great reputation.

I would have won the match if I had just shot faster and missed less.
Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

I looked at Vanek but he doesn't have a lot that doesn't include external modifications (just the classic kit I think). I suspect either the Vanek or the Glockworx would serve me well.

- Brian

"Get yourself a Glock and loose that nickel plated sissy pistol" - Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshals
CDP45
Expert

Find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:27:11 PM »

Brian   Talk to Terry Reilly (Jentra).  He may be at the IDPA match sunday.  He makes one heck of a trigger assy parts for Glocks.
CD

I am ignoring you.  Why are you still talking?
John K
Global Moderator
Expert

The Most Interesting Man in the World

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »

I talked to Terry earlier this week and he said he was coming.
He has forgotten more about Glock than most could ever know.
Good guy as well.
John

I would have won the match if I had just shot faster and missed less.
Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »

Thanks for the heads up CD.

- Brian

Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »

Okay, I wanted to follow up on my original poll as I have talked with Glockworx and had a chance to look over one of their kits. First, I have to say they are good guys to deal with - they answer the phone and respond to emails promptly. The trigger kits and parts are nicely finished with a decent polish on bearing surfaces. The problem, for me, is that in order to achieve the shortened take-up they have to significantly re-shape the Glock Trigger safety. I just can't see any way that this externally visible modification would be legal for IDPA SSP or USPSA Production. Shame really, it looks like a nice package otherwise.

- Brian

rkelso
Sharpshooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »

I don't get it. If it's a drop in trigger ass. then what is the external mod? A good example of an external mod is an extended mag. release or something like that.  Right? It's a pretty fancy dodad anyway.

I am Smooth. I am fast. I am Accurate.
Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »

The way they remove a lot of the pre-travel is via a shoulder on their trigger bar that prevents the trigger from coming as far forward as a stock trigger (it's very nicely put together). But a stock Glock trigger can't travel very far before the trigger safety must be pressed for it to continue moving. The amount is less than what the Glockworx trigger removes from the pre-travel, so a stock safety lever would never engage (the trigger would never move far enough forward). If you look on the back of a stock Glock trigger the tab of the trigger safety looks like a long skinny triangle (2+ times taller than the base is wide). On the Glockworx this is reshaped to be more of an equilateral triangle shaped nub (think pyramid). Since this part of the trigger is external it seems to me to constitute an illegal external modification.

Stock Glock trigger safety:

Here is the Glockworx trigger bar:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:39:07 PM by Brian » Logged

- Brian

rkelso
Sharpshooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 07:09:18 PM »

Wow you're strict Mr. Gaynor. I don't want to be in your class.

Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »

I just don't want to start using something at the club level only to find out it's not going to be allowed at a sanctioned match. I hear stories of people who have problems on metal triggers in SSP where an overtravel stop has been welded onto the back of the trigger.

- Brian

rkelso
Sharpshooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »

So it would be okay for ESP

Brian
Administrator
Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 08:55:18 PM »

So it would be okay for ESP

Should be fine, it would give you a very nice trigger for ESP.

- Brian

Pages: [1]
Print
Oceanside Pistol / Linea de Fuego Forum Shooting Topics Equipment, Gunsmithing, and Maintenance (Moderators: PLINKING.40, rkelso) Topic: Glockworx
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

V e r d e Design by Crip | Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
| Valid XHTML 1.0!